Supervise total on-site effort to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget, and schedule. Includes interfacing with client representatives, and other contractors.
- Supervise craft employees and/or other contractors as required by the contract.
- Authorize and /or approve all field project personnel transactions, small purchase requisitions, field requests for information, etc.
- Provide technical assistance, i.e., interpretation of drawings, recommended construction methods and equipment, etc., as required.
- Assist project management in developing and implementing project procedures, working documents, standards, etc.
- Ensure all on-site personnel comply with project procedures, safety program requirements, work rules, etc.
- Document all violations, notify project management, recommend/implement corrective actions as required.
- Assume responsibility for productivity of crafts, efficient use of material and equipment, and contractual performance of the project
- Plan and supervise craft foremen and/or craft activities – includes determining method of construction, manpower levels, material quantities, equipment, temporary power sources, work schedule and documenting actual hours worked.
- Coordinate assigned work with work of different crafts, company departments, or other contractors.
- Assist in resolving construction problems (lack of productivity, work interfaces, etc.) as required.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
- Assist in the training/orientation of employees when needed.
- Assist in the employment processes as requested.
- Promote teamwork and positive communication among employees.
- Attend and participate in miscellaneous site meetings, sharing knowledge, information, and ideas when needed.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of construction (technology, equipment, methods) and safety.
- Solid leadership skills.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills essential.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to meet or beat project schedules.
- Ability to effectively control and supervise large groups is essential.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 10 years experience as a Project Superintendent with an at-risk (self perform), hard money General Contractor; building university, health care, commercial, retail, parking structures and industrial type projects.
- Extensive experience in building multiple projects as a Superintendent with per project value in excess of $10,000,000.
- Experience with self-performing work in excavation, concrete, and finish carpentry.
- Stable employment history.
- Profitable project track-record.
- Beat-the-budget self-perform labor track record
© DANIS 2018. All Rights Reserved.