- Work with Project Executive to establish project objectives, policies, procedures, and performance standards within boundaries of corporate policy.
- Oversee total construction effort to ensure project(s) is (are) constructed in accordance with design, budget, and schedule.
- Initiate and maintain liaison with client and A/E contacts to facilitate construction activities.
- Monitor/control construction through administrative direction of on-site Superintendent to ensure project is built on schedule and within budget; investigate potentially serious situations and implement corrective measures etc., as required.
- Represent Company in project meetings.
- Manage financial aspects of contracts (fee payment, rental equipment, income/expenses, etc.) to protect
- Company’s interests and simultaneously maintain good relationship with Client(s).
- Plan, coordinate and/or supervise activities of all company personnel on assigned project(s).
- Maintain official project log and documentation files.
- Implement Safety Programs.
- Provide direction to planning, scheduling, and engineering functions as required.
- Perform additional assignments and assume additional responsibilities as directed by Corporate executives.
- Assist in the training/orientation of employees when needed.
- Assist in the employment processes as requested.
- Promote teamwork and positive communication among employees.
- Attend and participate in miscellaneous site meetings, sharing knowledge, information, and ideas when needed.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Thorough understanding of industry practices, processes, standards, etc. and their impact on project activities is vital.
- Solid leadership skills.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills essential.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to meet or beat project schedules.
- Strong supervisory skills.
- Ability to control and supervise large projects is essential.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Four-year Engineering or Construction Management degree.
- Minimum 10 years experience as a Project Manager with an at-risk (self perform), hard money General Contractor; building university, health care, commercial, retail, parking structures and industrial type
- Minimum of 5 years managing on-site, at-risk, $5-10 million commercial and institutional projects.
© DANIS 2018. All Rights Reserved.