Provide administrative and technical responsibilities for the MEP portion of selected projects
Responsibilities will include:
- Assist preconstruction manager, MEP manager, and Project Manager in pre-award interviews as requested.
- 10 to 15 years of commercial mechanical construction experience in the following areas
- Mechanical Construction Contract values up to $40M per contract, or above
- Fire protection
- Medical gases
- Medical Equipment
- Temperature controls and other control systems
- Integrated systems, including fire alarm systems, nurse call stations, security systems, CATV, loud speaker systems, etc.
- Extensive experience in construction of hospital, university, data centers, hi-tech facilities, corporate office buildings, commercial and institutional projects
- Field construction with hands on experience installing MEP systems.
- Writing Mechanical bid packages
- Conducting/Assisting in Pre-award meetings
- Providing Budget review and value analysis
- Providing Constructability reviews and recommendations
- Provide Scheduling, review and updates
- Presentation skills
- Maintains good relationships with co-workers, vendors, subcontractors, owners, engineers and architects
- Troubleshoot mechanical field problems for projects in the construction phase
- MEP Commissioning
- Stable work history
- Participate in MEP trade association and organizations
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of construction (technology, equipment, methods), schedule, cost, safety, and quality.
- Solid leadership / management / supervisory skills.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to meet or beat project schedules and budgets.
- Ability to effectively control and supervise large groups and projects ($40+ MM) is essential.
- Bachelor degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Civil or Industrial Engineering; Electrical, Mechanical, Civil or Industrial Engineering Technology Education; or Construction Management.
- We strongly prefer a minimum of combination experience, on-site, Project Management, Project Engineering, Field Engineering, conceptual and Hard Bid Estimating experience.
- Stable work history
- Experience with MEP field operations.
- Experience should be with a large mechanical / electrical subcontractor doing large hospital construction work, that self-performs their work.
- Work is often performed outside under any type of weather conditions. Exposure to varying degrees/amounts of heat, cold, dust, dampness, ice, precipitation and mud.
- Spends much of their time in an office environment, many assignments are based at on-site job office, either at their desk or meeting with management, architects clients or subcontractors. Often travels locally by automobile to others’ offices. Often walks around the construction site where weather and conditions can reach extremes.
- Must be able to: Climb and maintain balance on scaffolds and ladders; Use arms and hands to reach for, handle, and manipulate objects and materials; Lift and carry objects up to 50 pounds repetitively to meet the physical demands of our industry. Stand or walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl for long periods of time. Must have acceptable vision (either naturally or with correction).
© DANIS 2018. All Rights Reserved.