Project Manager – WTP/WWTP
- Perform additional assignments and assume additional responsibilities as directed by Corporate executives.
- Provide direction to planning, scheduling, and engineering functions as required.
- Implement Safety Programs.
- Maintain official project log and documentation files.
- Plan, coordinate and/or supervise activities of all company personnel on assigned project(s).
- Manage financial aspects of contracts (fee payment, rental equipment, income/expenses, etc.) to protect Company’s interests and simultaneously maintain good relationship with Client(s).
- Represent Company in project meetings.
- Monitor/control construction through site visits and/or through administrative direction of on-site Superintendent to ensure project is built on schedule and within budget; investigate potentially serious situations and implement corrective measures. etc., as required.
- Initiate and maintain liaison with client and A/E contacts to facilitate construction activities.
- Oversee total construction effort to ensure project(s) is (are) constructed in accordance with design, budget, and schedule.
- Work with Project Executive to establish project objectives, policies, procedures, and performance standards within boundaries of corporate policy.
- Assist in the training/orientation of employees when needed.
- Assist in the employment processes as requested.
- Promote teamwork and positive communication among employees.
- Attend and participate in miscellaneous site meetings, sharing knowledge, information, and ideas when needed.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Thorough understanding of industry practices, processes, standards, etc. and their impact on project activities is vital.
- Solid leadership skills.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills essential.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to meet or beat project schedules and budgets.
- Ability to provide and maintain a safe work environment.
- Ability to build a project to meet or exceed the owner’s quality standards.
- Strong supervisory skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Four-year Civil Engineering or Construction Management degree is strongly preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a Project Manager with an at-risk (self-perform), hard money General/Industrial Contractor; automotive, manufacturing, pulp paper, process, aviation, pharmaceutical, beverage, chemical or other industry.
- Experience in building multiple projects types (especially industrial) as a Project Manager Experience with self-performing work in excavation, concrete, ironwork, rigging and rough carpentry.
- Stable employment history.
- Profitable project track-record.
- Beat-the-budget self-perform labor track record
- Private project experience.
© DANIS 2018. All Rights Reserved.