Provide and/or coordinate full estimating services for assigned conceptual and hard bid complex work, for all types of contracts.
- Review proposal specifications, drawings, attend pre-bid meetings, etc. to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
- Provide complete conceptual, hard bid, and final estimating input on complex projects.
- Provide technical support to personnel preparing specific specification division estimates for assigned bids.
- Review and incorporate historical data from purchase orders, subcontracts, productivity analysis reports, etc. into unit and man hour figures
- Ensure all working documents and data are maintained to back-up estimate figures.
- Assist operations department during preparation of inquiries and final evaluation of submitted bids as required.
- Assist preconstruction department during preconstruction phase
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
- Participate in Danis University/company training and development.
- Assist in the training/orientation of employees when needed.
- Assist in the employment processes as requested.
- Promote teamwork and positive communication among employees.
- Attend and participate in miscellaneous site meetings, sharing knowledge, information, and ideas when needed.
- Participate in related trade associations and organizations.
- Thorough understanding of industry practices, processes, standards, etc. and their impact on project activities.
- Ability to estimate the following types of projects/contracts: hospitals/healthcare facilities, corporate, university, assisted living, data centers, high tech, institutional, hotel, major retail, water and wastewater, and industrial.
- Conceptual estimating with ability to visualize needs and do quantity take-off work/pricing, without strictly relying on cost per square foot of building.
- Ability to know and price out general conditions.
- Self-perform, at-risk GC/CM background.
- Working knowledge of computer estimating and pricing systems, experience with MC2 Estimating Systems is a plus.
- Proven strong conceptual and hard bid estimating abilities.
- Critical thinker/planner.
- Ability to prepare complex proposals with minimum supervision.
- Ability to coordinate and effectively supervise group work effort.
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Four-year Civil Engineering, CM or other Construction Related Degree or equivalent combinations technical training and/or related experience.
- Minimum 5 years experience estimating projects with values up to $75 MM.
- Minimum 5 years experience in the commercial Construction industry with both operations (at least 3 years) and estimating experience.
- Thorough knowledge of estimating techniques, all engineering disciplines, cost control systems, and accounts required.
© DANIS 2018. All Rights Reserved.